The most common questions we get from our clients
No, absolutely not! My solution is organic based, and made of the highest quality, natural ingredients.
Also I have been trained and certified!
Please visit my Tan Care page to find out the proper steps that need to be followed before your spray tan.
I recommend waiting the 8 hours for the original or 2-4 hours for the rapid spray before your initial shower. Do not do anything that will cause sweating or contact with water.
Moisturize with a lotion that's alcohol and perfume free. Stay away from oil based lotions.
See Tan Care for additional instructions.
The entire process takes about 10-15 minutes, from start to finish.
The typical spray tan will last 7-10 days with proper care and upkeep. It is important to follow the steps listed on my Tan Care page to get the best quality tan possible.
Here is what you do before your spray tan:
• All other appointments should be done at least one day before your tanning session.
Mani/pedis, hair, waxing, facials, massage, etc.
• Shower - Avoid any moisturizing/lotion-y body washes (Dove, Nivea, Oil of Olay, Etc) and body oils.
• Scrub! Scrub! Scrub! Exfoliation is very important!
• Shave - Just make sure you avoid shaving creams, and moisturizing strip razors. Hair conditioner is a great substitute:)
• Do not apply body oils, moisturizer or deodorants to skin after your shower. This can create a barrier on your skin prior to tanning.
• Clean, Exfoliated, Product-Free skin is BEST!!
BRING TO YOUR SESSION -
• Hair ties
* Dark swimsuit or underwear (cotton) if wearing this during session
• Dark loose fitting clothing (cotton) for after tan
• Flip flops or open top shoes (flats, etc)
An umbrella (in case of bad weather)
• Large towel to place over your car seat to avoid staining if wearing shorts/dress after
• NO JEANS/LEGGINGS/TIGHT YOGA STYLE PANTS
Here is what you do the day of your spray tan session:
Do not wear make up, deodorant, perfume, or lotions.
Bring a hair tie to put your hair up.
• Your session will last approx 30 mins.
• You may wear bathing suit, undergarments or tan nude.
• The custom tan will be applied by handheld spray gun.
• Barrier cream will be applied to hands before spray tan.
After a short drying period you can dress.
Here is what you do after your spray tan:
• You can place a towel over your driver’s seat for your car ride home if wearing shorts or skirt/dress to avoid transfer of bronzer to car seat.
• Avoid any activity that would cause sweating; exercise, cleaning, or showering, as your spray tan is developing during these hours.
**Contact with water or sweat could result in lines or uneven tanning.
• If you choose to sleep in your spray tan so that it darkens overnight, please sleep in pj pants/sweat pants and a tee/top to avoid transfer of any bronzer to your sheets or other body parts.
• After development time, take a rinse shower - NO rubbing. You will see the bronzer wash away from your skin. This is completely normal.
• Wash with a mild, moisturizing, sulfate-free shower gel. No lotion based body washes (Dove, Oil of Olay) No bar soaps. A transparent body wash is your best choice.
• If shaving, use a new razor and no shaving creams please. Use conditioner. Do not use moisturizing strip razors, as they will streak your tan.
• After shower, pat dry...avoid rubbing the fresh tan.
• Apply a mineral oil free/petroleum free moisturizer at least twice a day to maintain tan.
• The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin.
Moisturize 1-2 times a day with a perfume free & alcohol free lotion.
Great lotions to use: Hempz, Aveeno, Tom's, Cocoa Butter
Pat dry after showering - no rubbing
• Band Aids, Pore Strips, Waxing...or anything else that rips the skin.
• Anti Aging or Anti Acne products. These turn your skin over faster therefore fading your tan quicker.
• Bar Soaps (especially drug store brands)...unless naturally oil-based (like shea butter, goats milk, olive oil, and cocoa butter soaps)
• Lotiony body washes like Dove, Oil of Olay and Nivea, among others
• Hair Removal Creams and Shaving with a dull razor
• Baby oil/Mineral oil/Petro-based products
• SPF Oils and Sprays that contain MINERAL OIL! Most have this...so stick with SPF LOTION.
• Manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials